Roleplaying For Dummiz
Hey! Not a member yet of Roleplaying for Dummiz? Join! Already a member? They log-in you silly goose! ^_^
Roleplaying For Dummiz
Hey! Not a member yet of Roleplaying for Dummiz? Join! Already a member? They log-in you silly goose! ^_^
Roleplaying For Dummiz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplaying for Dummiz is a simple site to express your feelings and thoughts through writings, and through other people! Here you can Roleplay from a tremendous amount of Catergories, and along the way you will be sure to make new friends! Just have fun!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post Empty
PostSubject: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:39 pm

(Not 100% done but I will allow posting of characters)

Somewhere far away, there is a place where dragons soar proudly in the sky...

A Story About Dragons
With their sharp claws and powerful jaws, these large winged reptiles
are both feared and respected. They're strong, strong, powerful and
fearless. Yes, I'm talking about dragons. Dragons roam freely in almost
all locations. Where they live determines their appearance, diet and
their lifestyle.

The Types of Dragons

Tropical Jungle Dragons

These are the dragons that live in the tropical jungle/forests
of the region. They're typically brightly colored in all colors of
the rainbow. Usually they have feathered wings but not always.
These dragons may be herbivores or carnivores and have strong
stomachs that are immune to most venom/toxins/poisons of
plants and animals. They often live in small groups or flocks.
They are known to mate for life.

Rock & Earth Dragons

These dragons are often found in desert areas. They are usually
colored in shades of brown, tan or gold. They are usually
carnivorous and are capable of going long periods of time without
food due to the harsh conditions they live in. They usually don't have
wings and are swift and agile on their feet. They have sharp eyesight
making it easy to find the slightest movement in the sand. They don't
travel alone or with mates and hatchlings. Often times they mate solely
for the purpose of reproduction. Rarely known to mate for life.

Plant & Forest Dragons

The forest dragons are typically the smallest of the dragon breeds.
Their built mostly for climbing trees where they make their nests.
They usually live in large groups that live in one large tree or
several that are close together. They always mate for life and
raising the young is often a group effort. Their colors are usually
greens and browns but other colors are seen in them too. Often,
they are carnivores but sometimes herbivores.

Ice & Snow Dragons

Usually white in color, these dragons live in the icy cold mountain ranges near the poles.
Their bodies are usually covered in fur or feathers to protect them from the cold. They
have feathered wings that make their flight quiet to prevent avalanches. Often times
they have normal type wings. Those ones are usually found lower down the mountains
where it's not quite as cold. Ice dragons are also larger and stronger than the others and
are known to be some of the largest breeds of dragons. For food they often have to leave
the mountains and hunt other arctic animals such as: polar bears, orcas (killer whales),
seals, etc. Even though white is the most common color, they can also be pale blue or
grey. They live in small groups or couples and normally mate for life.

Grass Land & Plains Dragons

With or without wings, these dragons are about the height of horses with long, thin bodies and tails.
They are meant for speed and come in shades of brown and tan during the summer and greens and
browns during the summer. Their colors change because of the wet and dry seasons of their home.
They are found in prairies, savannahs, and other such areas. The main skills they have are speed,
making them dangerous hunters. They often live in large herds with one alpha couple. They usually
mate for life.

Night/Nocturnal Dragons

They are often called shadow dragons. These dragons live
in most areas. They're usually dark colored or black with
occasional colored markings. They dwell in the darkness,
therefore they are only seen at night. Their diet includes
everything from bugs and insects to plants to meat. They're
skilled with stealth and make excellent hunters. They also have
powerful eyesight to see the best in the dark. If they have wings
then they are feathered, giving them better stealth. Though, they
come in all shapes and sizes and aren't a specific breed.
This is more of a subtype of dragon and they're found
almost everywhere. They typically live in pairs and always mate for life.

Sea and Water Dragons

These are the dragons you find in large bodies of
water. They come in all colors and are never
feathered. They most commonly come in many
shades of blue. Their bodies are covered in fins and
their feet (if they have any) are webbed. Some
have been known for doing well on both the land
and in the water. They feed on fish, water plants, and
anything that gets too close to the water. Smaller sea
dragons travel in groups whereas the larger ones
are found alone or in pairs. They're not always ones
to mate for life though it is relatively common.

The Rules

1. Dragon characters only. This is not a dragon and rider group
so don't use humans. You may mention other animals that are
prey to your dragon, but I don't expect to see anything else.
2. Try to keep to the types of dragons I have listed below. If
you have another type you would like to add, PM me and I'll
consider it.
3. Do NOT post characters here in this topic. A separate topic
will be made for that.
4. All content in this topic is to be kept at PG13. So I don't want
to see any explicit scenes. Mating and birthing should not be
heavily described.
5. Please keep cursing to a minimum. I don't like it and it's a
PG13 rated topic.
6. Limit OOC chatting. Any extended conversation that is not
related to the role play, should be taken to PM. Please and thank
you.

The Form

Characters should not be posted in this topic.
Please post all characters here --> [LINK]

Name:
Type:
Crush:
Mate:
History:
Personality:
Appearance:

Some Other Helpful Things And Important Notes

- More than one character can be fun. This enables you to talk to more
than one person and helps get everyone involved. I recommend every
person to make at least two characters. Be careful though and don't
make than you can handle!
- If you need help finding interesting names or good pictures, feel
free to ask me. I know several good name sites and I'm usually
good at finding pictures. Just let me know what kind of things you
have in mind for the character and I'll do what I can.
-If you have a picture you like that doesn't quite meet the description
of the type of dragon you want it for, then show it to me. If I think it's
close enough, I'll allow it. The wing types often may not matter.

Last edited by EpiclyErik on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:20 am

[I've made a few changes to the descriptions of the dragons and even added a water dragon.. As soon as you've posted your characters, you can begin posting here. I'm going off for a while so I'll be back in an hour or so]
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Otieno flew high over the trees. His dark color made him almost invisible in the night sky. He watched the ground below him for prey and soon saw a herd of deer. He circled around for a short while before finding the perfect moment to dive downwards. The deer didn't see him until it was too late and it squirmed in the grip of his talons. The rest of the herd bolted in fear, leaving Otieno with his prey.
Back to top Go down
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*
Drafter
Drafter
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 2:38 pm

Mirsaron lifted her head slightly. She had been lying in some dense bushes under a tree, waiting for some unlucky creature to walk past and make it her dinner. So far not much had passed, hardly anything that would be more than a snack. But she heard the gallop of feet a little ways off. After a moment it became more clear, and she recognized the sound of a herd of deer running almost straight toward her. She smiled slightly, and plastered herself against the ground, hidden by the bushes. The deer came running past her and she need only to reach out quickly with her long neck and snap one up in her jaws. The others swerved and galloped away from her, but she had her meal. She Twisted it's neck to kill it, then dug into the fresh meat hungrily.

Aronel was curled up comfortably in his den, sleeping soundly, and also snoring rather loudly. His paws twitched with his dreams.

Adulson was floating out on the water, neck stretched out, wings half open to help keep her afloat. She slept lightly, as she always did, and her eyes blinked open whenever she heard a noise other than the waves hitting the shore.
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 2:50 pm

Otieno ate his meal contently. Occasionally he would look up, catching the various sounds of animals and dragons in the distance. A rabbit sat, traumatized by the site of Otieno and his bloodied face and claws. With a low growl from Otieno, the rabbit bounded off, fearing for it's life. Otieno snickered and finished of the deer.

Gethin soared high, occasionally disappearing behind clouds. The night was still young and he had only just woken up. He yawned, looking down at the ground below. Every now and then he would spot the movement of a dragon. The ones without wings moved swiftly around through the trees and shrubs.
Back to top Go down
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*
Drafter
Drafter
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:01 pm

(just one quick question; can these dragons breathe fire or no?)

After she finished her meal, Mirsaron stood and took to the air. She flew to a large lake and lowered her head to the water and took a long drink. She looked up when she noticed a blueish-green dragon floating on the water. She lowered her head back down and drank more quietly, so she didn't wake the other dragon. When she had her drink, she jumped up and flew away silently.

Adulson's eyelids twitched, and then flickered open as she heard the dragon approach the water. She started to lift her head but then put it back down and closed her eyes. Just another dragon, not worth getting up. She sighed deeply through her nose, producing a stream of bubbles in the water, then eventually went back to sleep.
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:29 pm

(I haven't actually decided on that yet o3o I might make it to where they can but (assuming the site gets more people) I don't want it to become a problem with people becoming too reliant on that and using it as a method of "god modeling". Ya know what I mean? I used to role play on a larger site until it got shut down and whenever powers and special abilities got involved, there's always someone who over uses it)

Otieno flew for a while and then floated down to the edge of the water. It was quiet there, except for the one dragon floating on the surface. He lowered his head for a drink. He washed off his claws. The whole time he was near the water, he watched the sleeping dragon in case she awoke or attacked.

Back to top Go down
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*
Drafter
Drafter
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:40 pm

(ugh, yeah, i know about god mods... there used to be a ton of them on flab3, that old game me and Bella rp'd on.. well, she still does, but i rarely go on there anymore. to me, pretty much everyone was a hater except for her x3 so i have no need to go on there anymore.)

This time Adulson looked up, slightly annoyed that the dragon woke her up. But because the two dragons looked similar, she didn't know it was a different dragon. She snorted and put her head down on the water again. Jeez, can't they just let me sleep? she thought with a bit of annoyance. Though she was a bright and optimistic person during the day, she could be rather grumpy at night.

Mirsaron stopped her flight, dropped to the trees, and whirled around when she heard the other dragon flying to the water. Cursing herself for landing so suddenly, because the tree shivered and the leaves rustled loudly, she climbed down quietly and landed on the ground. She was cautious, but also curious, so she hesitantly started to take a few steps forward.
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:58 pm

(Yeah. They can be a nuisance so, you have to be careful what kind of things you allow in an RP or else it gets crazy.. But I think as long as it's only a small number of people, it should be okay. So, I think I'll allow out but just as long as it's only us two for now. Cuz I'm sure you'll be okay with it Razz except may the water and ice dragons.. I don't think they should breathe fire e.e)

Otieno looked up at Adulson, then behind him where he heard something in the trees. He lifted his wings, ready to take off if he had to. A low growl rippled in his throat as he watched, cautiously, the shadows for movement.
Back to top Go down
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*
Drafter
Drafter
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:13 pm

(alrighty then :3 and yeah, don't think they should, cause their elements are the opposite of fire. ice dragons could have ice breath or something... not sure what water dragons could really do... or we could just screw both of them over and give them no breath weapon x3)

Mirsaron froze when she heard the growl. She wasn't afraid, and she had confidence in her abilities in a fight, but she didn't want to start trouble where it wasn't needed. Soundless, motionless, she stared ahead where the growl had come from. About fifty or so feet ahead of her, she could see moon light coming from in between the trees, where the water's edge was. Ever so slowly she raised her starboard wing but kept the port one folded, prepared with one hard flap to launch herself to the left and make her get away in case she needed to.
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:45 pm

(lol xD Maybe.. Maybe the water dragons just squirt water or something xD)

Otieno wasn't sure what sort of move to make next. He wasn't in the mood for fighting or any sort of trouble. He just stared into the darkness at Mirsaron, ready to defend himself or flee if she attacked. He glanced back at the water dragon behind him.
Back to top Go down
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*
Drafter
Drafter
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:59 pm

(lol xD super powered saliva? x3)

Adulson lifted her head once again and glared at the dragon she could barely see near the edge of the water. She debated whether she should go over there and give him a piece of her mind, or if she should just move somewhere else that was more quiet.

Hesitant, Mirsaron took a couple steps forward. After a moment she walked a little farther and with a bit more confidence. She had walked slowly, silently and carefully about half the distance between her and where the growling was coming from, before she stopped as she realized she had walked straight into the moonlight, and jerked backwards. She was only visible for a split second, and when she disappeared into the shadows again she was virtually invisible. She could see clearly the outline of a dragon now, but with the moon light coming from behind him and casting a shadow on his front, she couldn't make out the features.

(okay, last post, now i really got to go... ttyl Razz)
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:07 pm

(poison spit! cx lolz)

Otieno got only a glimpse of the dragon as she stepped into the moonlight. He saw only bits of black and orange. His eyes narrowed, watching the shadows carefully. He wasn't in a good place to fight, not against two others. The water dragon behind him was clearly annoyed and the other dragon he wasn't so sure about. He thought that maybe he should just leave though he didn't want to seem cowardly. He stood his ground, holding his head up high.
Back to top Go down
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*
Drafter
Drafter
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:05 am

(haha xD oh, but there's an idea... the water dragons could spit poison or acid or something... it would be better than just water)

Adulson decided she wouldn't go over, and she ducked just beneath the surface of the water and swam away, bowriding the waves like a dolphin. She swam a little ways off and then tried again to fall asleep.

Mirsaron stood, cautious yet still curious, with her head lowered so her neck was not exposed, and walked in a wide circle around the moon light, dashing quickly behind the trees. She stopped when she was at the edge of the trees, and a little ways to the dragon's left. She kept her wings half open and slightly raised. Her tail twitched and she snorted, and a small puff of smoke came out her nose.
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:25 am

(lol. Well, I figured maybe the forest and jungle dragons would be the poisonous ones.. Water dragons are stuck with water squirting Razz but Pokemon shows that squirting water can be a violent weapon. XD)

Otieno watched Mirsaron carefully, only catching a slight amount of movement in the dark as she avoided the direct light. He was still poised for flight if it came to it. The other dragon in the water had swam away and he felt a little more confident of his situation. Still, he remained cautious. The other dragon hadn't attacked yet but that didn't mean he should let his guard down. His head lowered evening up with hers. A small amount of smoke billowed from his nostrils as he breathed.
Back to top Go down
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*
Drafter
Drafter
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:35 am

(good point x3)

Mirsaron shook her head to herself. What am I afraid of? It's just a dragon. With a sudden jolt of bravery, she jumped out from the trees and landed on the sandy beach, wings stretched all the way out to the side with a slight curve, head still lowered, body facing the other dragon. She hissed softly as a warning, not as a warning to back off or that she was going to fight, but as a warning that if he tried anything funny, he would regret it. She didn't feel much like fighting, but she would fight if it was needed; and if it was needed, she wouldn't hold back.
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:57 pm

(yes, it is be a very good point xD)

Otieno just stared at her for a moment before he relaxed. Clearly, neither of them were wanting to fight. He lowered his wings and loosened up. Even though he was still a little on the cautious side, he showed he wasn't going to attack.
Back to top Go down
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*
Drafter
Drafter
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Hesitantly, she lowered her wings and relaxed her stance. She sat down and just looked at him. She was still cautious, but he didn't seem to be a threat. Her tail flicked from side to side as she studied him intently.
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Otieno watched her just as intently. He tried to think of something, anything, he could say. Instead, he just stayed quiet.
Back to top Go down
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*
Drafter
Drafter
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:01 pm

She sat there, staring at him, at a loss for words. It seemed rather awkward to just sit on the beach staring at each other, so she shuffled her wings and said quietly, "Um.... hi there.."
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Otieno hesitated for a moment, a little unsure. "Hello.."
Back to top Go down
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*
Drafter
Drafter
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:05 pm

(wow, this is some really intense roleplaying, isn't it x3)

She fell into another awkward silence and simply sat there, watching him.
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:25 pm

(lol. I know! So much intense action going on right now cx)

The awkwardness could almost be felt in the air between them. Otieno wasn't very social and being confronted by another dragon was almost unbearably awkward. He felt like he should just leave but instead he just stood there. He shifted on his feet awkwardly, "Errr.. Uhm.." He sighed, not sure what he was going to say.
Back to top Go down
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*
Drafter
Drafter
∗*∗ṩραɾкωσℓƒ*∗*

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:23 pm

(haha xD)

Rather wishing she hadn't followed him in the first place, she sat suffering in the silence for a moment longer, then dashed back into the trees away from the beach. She felt rather guilty, but the awkward tension was just... terrible. About a quarter of a mile away, she stopped and rolled her shoulders, relaxing. God, that was awful... maybe I'll meet him again in a more... comfortable situation. She chuckled lightly and continued running.

Last edited by <>Icingdeath<> on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EpiclyErik
Author
Author
EpiclyErik

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:50 pm

Otieno just stood there, stunned as she turned and bolted away. With a snort he raised his wings and then thrust them downward, launching into the air. He was actually somewhat relieved she had left. The awkwardness was intolerable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post   A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Place for Dragons - Literate - PG13 - Please Read 1st Post
Page 1 of 1